The Appletini (also known as an Apple Martini) was a huge phenomenon just a few years ago. Bartenders couldn’t escape it, but today, it’s on many bar and restaurant menus.
So, learn how to mix the Apple Martini for yourself and enjoy this refreshing drink any time you want.
The Appletini ingredients include:
- 1 1/4 ounces of vodka
- 1 1/4 ounces of green apple juice
- 1 ounce of green apple schnapps
- 1/4 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Green apple slices or maraschino cherries for garnish
Here’s how to make an Appletini:
- Take a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes.
- Add the vodka, apple juice, schnapps, and lemon juice, and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with an apple slice or brandied cherry.
Technically, no, the Appletini isn’t considered a martini cocktail since it doesn’t have any vermouth. But don’t get too hung up on these nuances.
The Apple Martini is a delicious beverage with a sweet and sour profile that’s all about the green apple flavor. It’s refreshing, light, and works for any occasion. You can serve it in a martini glass; if you don’t have one, any other cocktail glass will do too.
The Appletini is a somewhat light cocktail, but it does pack quite the boozy punch.
Here are the main nutrition facts you should know:
- 298 calories
- 13.4 carbs
- 12.8 sugars
- Around 25% ABV
These delicious drinks can be improved with just a few simple tips:
- The key is sour apple: All the green apples in the recipe don’t just give the Apple Martini its signature green color but also its taste. Other apple strains are too sweet for the Appletini, so be sure to choose sour apples if you want to get the recipe right.
- Taste the apple schnapps: Some brands of apple liqueur are sweeter than others, so it’s a good idea to taste it beforehand to know how much lemon juice you should squeeze into the Appletini.
- Apple slice preparation: The apples will start to darken soon after you cut them, which affects the appearance of the cocktail. You can sprinkle some lemon juice over the slices to slow this process or cut the slices as needed to get impeccably clear visuals every time.
- Food serving: This Apple Martini recipe pairs well with sweet desserts or can be served as an after-dinner treat.
Play with the recipe a bit to get even more delicious flavors.
- Apple schnapps replacement: If sour apple schnapps isn’t your thing, switch it for apple cider, apple brandy, or even green apple syrup. This is a sweeter combination, which some people prefer. You can also cut down on the sourness of the original Appletini by adding some simple syrup.
- Use sour apple pucker: On the other hand, if you want to increase the tart flavor, an apple pucker will do the trick.
- Use flavored vodka: Vodka spiked with extra flavor can add new dimensions to every cocktail glass. Choose flavors that pair well with the sour apple schnapps, like almond or cinnamon.
- Splash some orange liqueur: Top this sophisticated cocktail with some triple sec or other types of orange liqueurs to get a unique flavor combination.
Use this guide, and the Appletini has a strong chance of becoming your favorite drink.
It’s sweet, sour, light, and boozy, just like other types of martinis. What’s not to love?